Anesthesia Sedation Monitoring Course
This course is offered as a 2-day training course for anyone in dentistry that wants to monitor anesthesia sedation in the State of Illinois where sedation or general anesthesia is administered. This course meets the requirements of the Illinois Dental Practice Act and the Rules Administering the Dental Practice Act. This course includes both lecture and clinical training. A certificate of completion will be issued upon successful course completion.
- Valid CPR
- Valid government issued ID
- Proof of minimally 1,000 clinical hours in a dental office / hospital setting or graduated from a CODA accredited school
- Discussion on how anatomy and physiology are involved with monitoring and airway maintenance in the sedated dental patient.
- Understand the required skills for monitoring the sedated patient, including monitoring vital signs
- Discussion on the basics of the physiology of the respiratory, cardiovascular, and neurological systems and their connection to anesthesia and sedation.
- Discussion of proper review of medical history and how to properly link this information to the ASA classification.
- Discuss basic protocols for emergencies that may.
- Review protocols for entering detailed notes for the procedure and monitoring.
- Review different levels of levels of sedation/anesthesia and be able to recognize what level the patient is at under dental sedation.
- Review of automated monitoring devices including the EKG and pulse-oximeter.
- Course includes light refreshments and 1 hour lunch break
Tuition & Fees: $600.00
To register for DAOC’s continuing education courses:
- Select the desired CE course by checking the box below; you can register in more than one course at a time, and click “Next Step”. You will be redirected to our online course registration system.
- Verify your name and email address, and click “Next”.
- Enter your complete contact details, verify the courses in which you’re registering, and click “Register”. You will be sent an email confirmation of your registration (please check your spam folder if you do not initially see the email).
- When you submit the registration, on the final page you will be shown a secure form to pay the course fees with a debit or credit card. Paying the course fees officially reserves your spot in the course. After registering, you can also pay your fees in person, or in the DAOC Student Portal. PLEASE NOTE: if you qualify for a multi-course discount, the discount will NOT be reflected in your initial course fee invoice. You can either pay the full amount and we will refund your discount, or wait until we apply the discount to your student account before paying.
- When you have completed your registration, DAOC will contact you to complete any additional required paperwork.