Coronal Scaling Course
This coronal scaling course in Chicago is taught over the spam of two days at DAOC, and covers the following topics: Fulcrum, Modified grasp, Uses of common scalers, Supra calculus detection, Terminology, Contraindications, Medical emergencies, Public health, Pediatric patients.
Additional topics and scenarios may include: Coronal scaling above the gum line, supragingivally, on the clinical crown of the tooth only on patients 12 years of age or younger who have an absence of periodontal disease and who are not medically compromised or individuals with special needs.
CORONAL SCALING COURSE REGISTRATION
PREREQUISITES & REQUIREMENTS
Be at least 18 years of age , provide proof of taking a valid coronal polishing course, hold current CPR card
(2a) Complete 2,000 hours of clinical dental assisting experience
(2b) Complete a CODA-accredited dental assisting program
(2c) Hold a current national DANB Certified Dental Assistant (CDA) Certification
A dental assistant must have successfully completed an approved coronal polishing course prior to taking the coronal scaling course.
Course Fees: $1800.00
Payment Plans and discounts may be available. Please inquire.
To register for DAOC’s Coronal Scaling course:
- Select the desired CE course by checking the box below; you can register in more than one course at a time, and click “Next Step”.
- Verify your name and email address, and click “Next”.
- Enter your complete contact details, verify the courses in which you’re registering, and click “Register”. You will be sent an email confirmation of your registration (please check your spam folder if you do not initially see the email).
- When you submit the registration, on the final page you will be shown a secure form to pay the course fees with a debit or credit card. Paying the course fees officially reserves your spot in the course. After registering, you can also pay your fees in person, or in the DAOC Student Portal. PLEASE NOTE: if you qualify for a multi-course discount, the discount will NOT be reflected in your initial course fee invoice. You can either pay the full amount and we will refund your discount, or wait until we apply the discount to your student account before paying.
- When you have completed your registration, DAOC will contact you to complete any additional required paperwork.