CPR Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers
Classroom Objectives For Pediatric and Adult CPR
- Effectively assess an emergency situation and perform a scene size-up.
- Demonstrate how to check both a conscious and unconscious patient.
- Demonstrate how to give high-quality chest compressions.
- Demonstrate how to give effective ventilations to a patient experiencing a cardiac arrest and/or respiratory arrest, including using a pocket mask and bag-valve-mask (BVM) resuscitator.
- Demonstrate how to effectively operate an AED.
- Demonstrate how to effectively care for an obstructed airway.
- Effectively assess, treat and manage a patient requiring basic life support resuscitation, incorporating local protocols as necessary.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply critical-thinking (e.g., anticipate next steps and ramifications of actions) and problem-solving skills
CPR Class Requirements
- Complete the online portion prior to coming in live (approx. 2 hours)
- Come in for live hands on (approx. 1 hour)
To register for DAOC’s continuing education courses:
- Select the desired CE course by checking the box below; you can register in more than one course at a time, and click “Next Step”.
- Verify your name and email address, and click “Next”.
- Enter your complete contact details, verify the courses in which you’re registering, and click “Register”. You will be sent an email confirmation of your registration (please check your spam folder if you do not initially see the email).
- When you submit the registration, on the final page you will be shown a secure form to pay the course fees with a debit or credit card. Paying the course fees officially reserves your spot in the course. After registering, you can also pay your fees in person, or in the DAOC Student Portal. PLEASE NOTE: if you qualify for a multi-course discount, the discount will NOT be reflected in your initial course fee invoice. You can either pay the full amount and we will refund your discount, or wait until we apply the discount to your student account before paying.
- When you have completed your registration, DAOC will contact you to complete any additional required paperwork.