All students must meet the following criteria:
- Be at least 18 years of age, or 16 years of age with written person of parent(s) or guardian(s).
- Provide proof of high school diploma or equivalent. If currently in high school, provide an official transcript showing at least a 2.5 GPA.
- Pass a basic entrance exam which includes a manual dexterity test. Failure of the entrance exam does not dismiss eligibility: it gives the potential student and faculty advanced awareness of the student’s initial abilities.
THE ADMISSIONS PROCESS
- Submit our online application.
- If you have not already, schedule an appointment with admissions so you can tour the school, and complete the entrance exam and manual dexterity test. After you submit the online applications, an admissions representative will contact you to arrange a date and time, or you can call DAOC at (312) 465-2718.
- When all enrollment requirements have been met, sign the Enrollment Agreement. This can be done on the same day as your initial appointment mentioned above.
- On the first day of class or at orientation (1-2 weeks prior to class), students will receive an outline* of the course curriculum or syllabus, which lists reading assignments and acts as a study guide.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact DAOC.
*The School Director will review the curriculum at the end of each quarter and make recommendations for updates and/or changes that they feel would improve the effectiveness of the program and better prepare the graduating students for a smooth transition into the workplace. During this review new standards and technologies will also be considered to be sure that students are receiving instruction relevant to tasks they will be expected to complete in their new occupation.