Orthodontist Assistant Basics
This course teaches entry level ortho assisting using a combination of didactic and hands on training.
Topics covered include: Ortho terms, taking preliminary and post photos treatment photos, appliance preparation, basic ortho instruments, review of dental anatomy and tooth morphology, selecting and presizing ortho bands and wires prescribed by the dentist, preparing tooth surfaces for conditioning agents, Tooth Identification, Force Mechanics, Procedures, Appliance Preparation, Dental Problems, and removing excess cement.
ORTHODONTIST ASSISTANT BASICS
COURSE PREREQUISITES & REQUIREMENTS
Be at least 18 years of age , hold current CPR card
(2a) Complete 1,000 hours of clinical dental assisting experience
(2b) Complete a Illinois Board Approved dental assisting program
(2c) Hold a current national DANB Certified Dental Assistant (CDA) Certification
To register for DAOC’s continuing education courses:
- Select the desired CE course by checking the box below; you can register in more than one course at a time, and click “Next Step”.
- Verify your name and email address, and click “Next”.
- Enter your complete contact details, verify the courses in which you’re registering, and click “Register”. You will be sent an email confirmation of your registration (please check your spam folder if you do not initially see the email).
- When you submit the registration, on the final page you will be shown a secure form to pay the course fees with a debit or credit card. Paying the course fees officially reserves your spot in the course. After registering, you can also pay your fees in person, or in the DAOC Student Portal. PLEASE NOTE: if you qualify for a multi-course discount, the discount will NOT be reflected in your initial course fee invoice. You can either pay the full amount and we will refund your discount, or wait until we apply the discount to your student account before paying.
- When you have completed your registration, DAOC will contact you to complete any additional required paperwork.